THE MIND

Friday, July 22, 2005

Fortune Cookie or Lie-To-Me-Will-You-Cookie?


If you're like me, opening a fortune cookie is one life's guilty pleasures. I break them open like it's a christmas gift. I read every little piece of paper fortune. It's funny, why do they call it fortune cookie when they say things like:

"Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you"
"You like Chinese Food"
"You will be fortunate in everything you put your hands on"
"You'll make a good lawyer"

Either it's stating the obvious, or stating something that's totally unrelated to your life, or stating a total complete fabrication. Still, a lot of people believe in fortune cookies. Some open one and their lives change in a hearbeat. Some get a big ego boost. Some are so foolish that they believe everything that they read and they wait for the fortune to come. Or some are so foolish that they think they're more than they really are and take stupid risks.

If family, friends and lovers would have the same credibility as the fortune cookie, imagine what the world would be like. Hmmmm....

1 Comments:

  • Whenever i get a good "fortune" in my cookie, I put it in my wallet and save it...hoping, hoping,hoping it comes true. I have about 10 of them in there..still waiting.;)

    By Blogger Jezebel, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home