THE MIND

Friday, July 22, 2005

CORNER GAS Season 1 DVD: Super-funny eh?


I admit, I am a couch potato. Gimme a break ok? I'm just giving my brain some needed rest. I need something relaxing and entertaining when I get home.

If you're a fan of slick writing, witty sarcasms and a load of eye candy, then Corner Gas is for you. It's a Canadian sitcom. I must admit, this is the first Canadian show that I really liked (no offense). If you think that this show will disprove your misconception about Canada being inhabited by people like Cletus, the slack-jawed yokel, you are sadly mistaken.

This is pure comedy genius. The story takes place in Dog River, Saskatchewan where the place is boring, but the people never. The writing is remisnicent of Wonderfalls with its sharp sarcasms, and Buffy with its references to Pop culture.

The casting is perfect. You can never have a favorite character because everybody is so good. Well, except for most of you who likes Karen, the policewoman hottie.

Just a little warning, if you just got out of the operating room and is nursing some stitches, then you may wanna wait a while till they're healed before watching this. You'll probably burst out laughing (literally) if you don't.

2 Comments:

  • As someone who grew up in Saskatchewan, I've loved this show from Day 1. It's nice to see it's got a bigger fan base than just residents.

    By Blogger Erin, at 10:49 AM  

  • very very late comment from your number one fan =P
    i looooooooove this show!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home