THE MIND

Monday, August 29, 2005

Bus and Bottle

"I'm in the store with my friend. We were buying liquor (I don't drink in real life). We buy 3 bottles. As the bottles were being placed in the grocery bag, they get smaller. I read the label on the bottle and it says "grand marnier" if I'm not mistaken.

Somewhere in the dream, I'm reading a piece of paper and the number 13 was emphasized.
As we go out the grocery store, I'm running behind my friend to catch the bus. I ride the bus, swipe my bus pass. It makes a that tone (happens when you swipe the bus pass) and I wake up (the alarm goes off).

Okay, I've been dreaming about buses again. But instead of me being left behind, I actually got on the bus, but I didn't get to sit down coz the alarm went off.

I've been researching the meanings of bus dreams. Most say that riding a bus is something to do with going along with the crowd. It could mean that riding the bus reflects the group dynamics that I am having at work. How I work with the group. As you see, I am the newest member of the team, and so far, I think I am fitting well.

They say that dreaming of a bottle indicates how we are "bottling" up our emotions and not expressing them. The content of the bottle indicates the nature of the emotions. For example, a bottle of champagne signifies the need to socialize. Hence, a bottle of liquor may indicate the same, since we associate drinking liquor with social events.

The amazing thing is, the bottle of liquor that I dreamt about looks like the picture above (only with creamy content), which I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE IN MY LIFE. Dreaming of something that I've never seen and found out that it really does exist in the real world just boggles my mind.

The number 13,they say is a paradoxical number. It's birth and death; end and beginning. It's a symbolism of the obstacle that must be overcome. Isn't this everyday life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home