THE MIND

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Funerals and Legends

"I was at a funeral. It was supposed to be B.B. King's funeral. He was supposed to have died being 100 years old. All of a sudden, his corpse came to life. Surprisingly enough, no one was a bit surprised. I was the only one. Then one person (unknown to me) said, he came to life to take what he had lost. Under the blankets inside his coffin was a guitar. He took the guitar and played it. He did a one-finger bend that screamed thru the halls."

I think I know what this dream meant. I was at a store yesterday looking at books. I saw a guitar book. I wanted to buy it, but I thought I was never going to use it since I don't have time and my knowledge was a lil bit advanced than what the book had. But the truth was, I was an avid guitar player before. I used to listen to a lot of music, write songs and play the instrument thru the wee hours of the morning. But now, that part of me has died. By looking at that book yesterday, the guitar fan inside of me was screaming one more time to get back from the dead... and to take back what was lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home