THE MIND

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Of Giant Tomatoes and Missing the Bus

"I'm in a backyard playing with my brother. We are still kids in this dream. There is a nice, cottage-like house in that backyard. It's not ours. It's our neighbor's. Our neighbor is a middle-aged lady (unknown character). She has a tall, tomato plant. Almost as tall as her house. The tomatoes are as big as a watermelon. One of the tomatoes fall off the plant and I catch it. The huge tomato is in my hand. Our lady neighbor goes out and she implies that I picked the tomato off the plant. I defend myself. I show her the dirt surrounding the fruit, and I tell her that it fell off the plant. I don't know if she believes me, but she gives the fruit to me. I pressed it so hard that it bursts. I put the fruit on some kind of wooden stand. One thing to remember in this scene is my brother and I are singing 'We Built This City.'

Another scene... I'm waiting for a bus, but I keep missing it. So a lady (unknown) shows me the bus schedule of some sort and she teaches me the new policies (sort of). As she's reading the pamphlet, the statement in bold letters 'Salary increase' is the one I remember the most."

The one commonality in these scenes was there is an unknown lady that kept communicating with me. Either to confront me or to to teach me something. There were also statements either in the background music or something that was read that were pronouncing themselves to me.


Who is the unknown lady? She's a bit of a disciplinarian. What is she trying to tell me? What do the songs mean? "We built this city." It coincides with my other dreams in the past where I have a new house being built (I think). Am I gonna be entering a new unknown phase in my life and the unknown lady is a representation of myself guiding me to the right direction and even foretelling me some things that are happening soon?

The huge tomatoes, it could only mean that I see tomatoes everyday that's why it's in my dreams. But the fact that the tomatoes looked so good and I coveted them (silently) could imply that I have hidden desires for something in my real life and the lady in my dream is reminding me to curtail such desires?

What about the bus? It could imply that I'm about to go somewhere, maybe not literally but metaphorically, but I kept missing the opportunity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home