THE MIND

Monday, August 22, 2005

Nuclear Explosions

"I'm inside our house in the city. I'm watching the sky thru our screen doors and windows. Then all of a sudden I hear a loud explosion . I see the smoke in the sky, the rumbling and crashing down of the roofs. I hear and see this three times in a row.

While I'm experiencing this, I want to get out of there immediately and move to another city. My father is in the house with me. I feel panicky and worried because of the the would-be effects of this explosion. It could mean mutation, health hazards and the like. I tell my father my worries and he's shrugged it off. I'm a bit angry at his reaction.

The next scene is me going to a city in the mountains and looking for a place to move into."

They say that dreaming is an outlet to our repressed emotions. Dreaming about explosions is about venting your repressed anger when you couldn't do this in your waking life. When I dreamt about this, I remembered being angry about someone, but I couldn't let that person know about my feelings because I'm afraid of confrontation in general.

About the scene where I was looking for a new place to stay, I am still not quite sure. About a couple of nights ago, I dreamt about having a new house built. There's a commonality there. They say that this could mean I am entering a new phase in my life. If that's what it is, could a dream be also a foreshadowing of things to come?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home