THE MIND

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Crappy, Crappy Day

I had a crappy, crappy day yesterday. Too many bad news in one day. This was my dream:

"I'm driving my car. I followed a group of student teenagers. I hear they're going to Shakey's (I love Shakey's, but we don't have it here). We've been driving for about an hour, an hour and a half. We come to a town called "Duncan."

I go inside Shakey's to order a pizza and chicken. I'm reading the menu and the prize for a 5 piece chicken with potato is $17.74.

My order is finished. I'm paying the cashier. He said I owe him $97.90 (?). Whoa! I ask him to check again, my pizza is a cheeseburger pizza. It's $26.90. I thought that's a freakin' expensive pizza. So he checks again, and he did make a mistake. It's not clear if I got the pizza or not.

In my dream I'm thinking, this is pretty far to drive to get a Shakey's pizza, but I'm going to anyway."

Since I had a very crappy day yesterday, in my dream, I drove for a very long distance, much like what I could've done in real life, although I can't coz the prize of gas is outrageous nowadays.

I searched for a restaurant where I used to eat as a kid, and it always made me feel better. In my dream, I did find it, like searching for comfort food.

It's great that in my dreams, I can do things that I can't do in real life to cope with life's unpleasantness. As an adult, there are so many things that we can't do nowadays because of responsibilities and time limitations. Even coping with our negative emotions becomes a privilege. We become numb and try to live life as nothing is affecting our emotions. But in our dreams, we can't lie. In my dreams, I am human.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home