THE MIND

Friday, April 07, 2006

Secret to Happiness

One of the best lines that I have ever heard was from a favorite movie of mine, it says "Maybe the secret to happiness is to not expect anything."

How many times have this happened to you? "Darn it, I'm late. I'll never catch the bus now." Lo and behold, the bus is still there." Or out of the blue, a person whom you never expected to call you, just did.

Wouldn't it be nice if we just let things and people be. Letting them reach their full potential with all our love and support, but never expecting what the results could be? Wouldn't it be nice if at least once a day we get a lil pleasant surprise that we never expect?

One day, my brother and I had a fight. I felt hurt because it seemed that he does not care at all. He said, "You are family. I know that you will always be there. I never expected anything from you, that's why I'm always happy. I am omnipotent." Back then, I didn't know what he meant by that. As time passes on, I understood, so then I never expected anything from him anymore. Lo and behold, he calls me and implies that he would like to see me (after all these long years). When things like these happen thoughts like "What's wrong now?" "Is someone dying?" "Am I dying?" enter my mind. Then maybe, just maybe, it's one of life's lil surprises, and I never expected it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home