THE MIND

Friday, April 07, 2006

Which Mirror?

Have you ever noticed that mirrors are different? When you look at one mirror you look beautiful, "Oh yeah. How you doin'?. With that same face you look in another mirror and you think "ugh. is that me? I should be arrested for illegal possession of a deadly face." Now you think, which is the mirror that's telling me the truth? Am I beautiful or am I ugly? The truth is, you have a choice. Are you gonna spend your everyday life being happy and thinking "I'm beautiful." Or are you gonna spend the rest of your life being despondent thinking "People shouldn't be allowed to look at me. I'm ugly."

It reminds me a person I used to know back in high school. This girl was perfect in every way. She's smart, pretty, popular... she's every bit of a girl that you wish you could be. I did wish I could be like her.

One day, I came across her blog, she said that one of her friends (I think is some sort of pyschic) dreamt that death is upon her. And you know what? She said she wish it could come sooner coz she's tired of having to be lonely all the time. Now, I dunno what it was, I swear this is true, that SAME time, I dreamt of her also, but it was the opposite. I dreamt that she was in a beach, happy.

So I wrote her an email, I was a bit of an asshole that time coz I didn't expect this girl to be this sad soul. I think my opening line was "WTF???" I know, a bit insensitive, huh? Then I went on to tell her that she's special, blah, blah, blah... I told her how I admired her back in high school, and how I dreamt of her being this happy girl and such. I told her "You have a choice. Which dream is gonna be your reality?" Then I never heard from her again.

I did email her after that, but she never answered back. I hope she's ok. It's weird when you think about it. "But she's so perfect." It makes me think, "being perfect" is an illusion. We all have our own definition of perfect. Perfect can only exist thru the eye of the beholder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home